Heavy Horse and Rural Crafts Show 2023
We are back again this year. Make a note in your diary.
Sunday 3rd Sept 2023- Shoreham, Sevenoaks, TN14 7SA (opposite Darenth Valley Golf Course)
The Heavy Horse Show is our main fund raising event of the year. It often generates over £20,000 which is used to support our work in the community.
The event is fun for all the family. It combines demonstrations by heavy horses, the engines of England before steam power, with activities for children, a craft fair, a whole range of stalls with local products and a range of fast food booths.
There are also displays of veteran cars, motorcycles, tractors and static engines. It attracts around 5,000 visitors each year.
The central theme of the show is heavy horses, where visitors will be able to see them being shown and worked. A host of other displays will also be staged such as craft demonstrations, classic vehicles, and many more.
If you plan on visiting our wonderful event here is some information that might help.
1)Can you buy tickets online? – Sorry no, we don’t offer that facilty but there will be plenty of tickets available at the gate. WE ACCEPT CASH OR CONTACTLESS PAYMENT.
2)Are dogs welcome? – Most definitely! Dogs are more than welcome to attend as long as they are kept on a lead.
3) Is parking available? – Yes and its FREE!
4) Is there disabled parking available? – Yes – There is a designated disabled parking area close the entrance gates.
5) Are there any electric charge points avialable? – No sorry but Electric cars are more than welcome to park in the field.
6) Is the field suitable for wheel chairs? – Not really! The ground is uneven & although a standard wheel chair can be pushed around, it will not be easy. But if you simply want to wheel a chair across to the area to watch the show then yes this is possible.
7) Are emergency services available? – Yes – We always have an ambulance & trained medics on site in case on a medical emergency.
8) Is food available? – Yes – There are many stalls in the food court area selling a wide range of delicious foods & drink.
9) Do you accept contactless payments? – Yes the entry gates are all equipped with card machines & so too are most of the trade stalls but be aware that some stalls MAY still be CASH ONLY.
Several people have asked about the show schedule.
Here it is
10.00am- Show opens
In Hand Parade & Judging: Yearlings, 2 & 3 year olds, Colts, Fillies & Geldings
10.45am- In Hand Parade & Judging: Mares & Geldings, 4 years old & over & foals
11.30am- Judging Show Champion & Reserve in Hand
11.40am- Birds of Prey Flying display
12.50pm- Sheep Dog Display
1.20pm- Ridden Horses Parade & Judging
2.45pm- Sheep Dog Display
3.15pm- Vintage Tractors Parade
3.45pm- Birds of Prey Flying Display
4.30pm- Grand Parade & Awards Presentation
5.00pm- Show closes with The Horses Prayer